Re: Lost Messages from Carl Weese and Others

From: Tox Gunn (tox@remarque.org)
Date: 07/20/01-01:14:39 PM Z

Carl -
It looks like clemson.edu is rejecting the
mail outright on the assumption it is spam since it
is being presented by a uu.net host. I don't recall
the nature of any relationship between uu.net and
earthlink. I know it is a contortion, but if you
set up a throwaway account on yahoo or somesuch,
and paste a copy of the bounced message from there
to Sandy, he may be able to get one of the clemson.edu
sysadmins to set up an exception for email coming
from you.

Sandy-
If you get such a message from Carl at a non-earthlink
address, and it has a copy of a bounced message as an
enclosure, take it to the Computing Services group
and ask them if they can create an explicit allow
based on sender. I'm afraid I don't know the staff
there, but if you check with Chandler Robinson, he
probably knows who the correct person to talk to would
be.

Tox