Re: pre-soaking film in tubes

From: Brian Ellis (bellis60@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/21/01-03:43:01 PM Z

I guess I have to disagree with this statement about pre-soaking. I use
HP5+ and T Max 100 in 35 mm, HP5+ in 120 and 220, all with a Patterson
tank. I use the same films for 4x5 and develop in the BTZS tubes. I use HP5+
in 8x10 developed in trays. I develop mostly with D 76. I've never
pre-soaked any of these films in any of these formats, with any of these
methods. I believe some manufactuers (Ilford maybe?) specifically recommend
against a pre-soak, at least with some of their films.