8x10 BTZS tubes

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/23/01-05:11:53 PM Z

All the talk on the list of BTZS tubes eventually registered, didn't I
have some tubes in darkroom never used? In fact I did. Three never used
(never even opened til today, tho one was covered with dust from the
darkroom ceiling which shed on it) tubes for 8x10, with the legend "BTZS
Sheet Film Developing Tube designed by Phil Davis & Brian Mikiten" on the
outside.

Apparently I paid $69 apiece for them, nutty as that sounds -- but
Darkroom Innovations tells me that's what they sell for (the 4x5s are $17
each). In any event, the notion of keeping for possible future use
melted in fact of the investment potential -- I could buy some dotcom
stock with the windfall !

So, if someone thinks it would be a good deal to buy the 3 for $40 each
plus $5 toward the postage (total $125) I'm happy to sell.

Incidentally, the fellow explained that the reason these are
proportionately so much more expensive than the 4x5s is that they made a
mold for the 4x5s but not for the 8x10s, which had to be glued by hand.
Why no mold for 8x10? It seems the mold cost $40,000 or like that to
make... He also said they don't make the 8x10s any more, tho apparently
they still supply schools.

e-mail me offlist for this, um, possible bargain ?????.... (Or switch to
lith film and develop by red safelight in open tubes.)

Judy