Re: making casein (Earth Pigments)

From: Dave Rose (photo@wir.net)
Date: 07/24/01-09:33:52 PM Z

Hello Sandy,

I've only used the commonly available dry artists pigments, made by Winsor
Newton, Sennelier, BlockX, and Old Holland. I've never used actual
minerals/sandstone collected from Utah. That possibility sounds quite
interesting. I've often looked at the Moenkopi formation near Moab thinking
that it would make the ultimate 'Indian Red'.

Dave in Wyoming