Cyanotype total failure

From: Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Date: 07/27/01-01:08:17 PM Z

I'm just curious if anyone else has seen this.

My standard cyanotype chemicals (A and B), which worked just fine last week,
went "bad". They gave NO IMAGE at all! The coating looked fine, I even got a
printout image before developing/washing. The printout image was too yellow
to look normal. Once the paper hit the water, the entire image disappeared!
Total white paper. I finally threw out all my chemistry, washed everything
twice, remixed (from the same supply of dry chemicals), printed onto the
same batch of paper, and now everything is fine??????

Normal cyanotype, ferric ammonium citrate and potassium ferricyanide.

Happily recovered (as I'm suppose to ship quite a few prints next week), but
confused.

--
Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com