RE: where to buy book

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/29/01-12:23:36 AM Z

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Jonathan Bailey wrote:

> I too received my copy from the publisher this week - and it's barely been
> out of my hand. My recommendation of this book is unequivocal. It will not
> disappoint. The reproductions are superb, the layout makes good sense - and
> there is wonderful humor throughout! It's a must have on any alt-process
> workers shelf - period....

Speaking of the layout, the margins seem a bit on the small side for a
book of this type... That's something I complain about -- expensive books
that are mostly white space. It probably looks elegant (and it's something
I'm sensitive about because Post-Factory margins are painfully skimped),
but it says much about the cramming in of info.

Incidentally, I think I have a new process for Chris's next edition. I
tried some ancient lith film today -- probably 40 years old, bought as odd
lot 20 years ago. It did NOT respond to the exposure, but DID give an
image -- big irregular blobs where the sheets had stuck together. Quite
fetching in fact. (Another pack of lith, only 25 or so years old, worked
fine.)

Judy