Re: making casein

From: Rosae Reeder (erzolisae40@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/29/01-12:28:26 PM Z

When you say it
>"depends on what I am trying to achieve," do you mean you can vary results
>by varying the casein?

by this I mean varying the thickness of the casein mixture itself. Sometimes
I prefer to make a batch that is a bit thicker than others depending upon
what type of dry pigment I am using. If I am using pigment that is a bit
more course, I would probably use the thicker variety. If the pigment is
store bought and consistency is fine, I would use thinner variety. Just my
preference. I would feel better using the thicker with courser pigment
because the casein acts as a glue to adhere the course portions of the
pigment to the paper. (once exposed)