Re: A couple gum questions...

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/30/01-12:43:43 PM Z

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Rosae Reeder wrote:

> what are the differenced that you are speaking of in the comparison tests of
> the gum's.
> Rosae.

If that question was addressed to me, I find different "speeds" and
different responses to pigment/gelatin/paper combinations. For instance, a
formula with one gum may "work", that is clear, and/or make nice even
steps, with another may not clear, may stain heavily, or whatever. This
is, incidentally, much easier to see and describe when the test is on a
21-step, which gives ordered & defined tones (as I pointed out in P-F #1,
"Sense & Sensitometry" & have remarked a time or two since then).

Judy