Metol Discontinued???

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 07/31/01-02:44:06 PM Z

I received an email from someone in Brazil looking for metol (see quoted
text). I don't believe Metol is discontinued. Maybe it is called something
else in Brazil? Could some help? Thanks!

Dave S

<< I'm looking foward to start using your LC-1 developer formula, but I can't
find Metol
here to buy. I looked for it in the place I live (Salvador in the state of
Bahia) and in many dealers in São Paulo, a very big city in the southeast of
Brazil. What they all say is that it was "discontinued" and I should use
FENIDONA (maybe Fenidone in English), instead, but 10 % less. Is that right?
Can Metol be replaced by Fenidone in your formula ? In what amount ? 90 % of
Metol quantity ? Will be the results the same ? I plan to use LC-1 in order
to develop CGP Camera 2000 film, from Kodak, for halftones. >>