Re: Basic chemistry question

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 06/09/01-01:53:15 AM Z

Everyone is mentioning batteries, how to measure strength, etc. Why not
just go to a chemical supplier and purchase it? There is no need to
"Refine" the stuff.... never a good idea if you are unaware of what you
are doing.

I am sorry, but this makes far more sense than fiddling around with
something that you might be better off forgetting. Just purchase the acid
you need and be safer and more sure.

>>If you do decide to get your acid this way, get an old battery and
charge
>>it until the acid is about 110 degrees. This will indicate severe
>>overcharge and the acid will be at it's strongest.

Are you the least bit aware of what can happen? This can be a dangerous
thing to do, and I say FORGET THIS APPROACH. Overcharging a battery is a
potential accident waiting to happen. Here it is being suggested that you
try to adjust strength by a method that is BAD NEWS. DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!

Just buy the acid you need from a chemical supplier.

HCM!