Re: real names

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 06/25/01-10:56:12 AM Z

Richard Knoppow wrote:

> I first heard this from Howard Hawks, the movie director, in an
> interview. I thought it was assinine then and still do.

As a matter of fact I always thought the line in Love Story (this will
date me) that said something like "Love means never having to say you're
sorry" was asinine and still do, and my friend's credo is not
necessarily my own. I invoked it only as an aside, and maybe not an apt
one. The point was that when I wondered earlier if I should try to
explain, I would think, well, what am I going to say? "That wasn't like
me"? The problem is that it WAS me, and since none of you knew me well
enough to know what I'm like, why would you believe me? so it seemed
better to just go on and be what I'm like, and hope that eventually
people would see that that incident was atypical.

Anyway now you know, and that's that.

Katharine Thayer