Re: Hand coating etc.

From: Callie Type (kallitype@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/26/01-12:27:17 PM Z

I enjoyed your though-provoking comments. Regardless of the relative merits
of hand-craftedness vs. digital technology however, somewhere the value of
vision needs to enter the picture. Sure, a hand-thrown pot, with its flaws
and uniqueness has its own charm, but what about the skill of the potter?
Certainly we have all seen some pretty impressive inkjet prints, as well as
some pretty wretched platinum prints. Recently, I saw some 4 foot wide
inkjets by Annie Leibowitz, as well as some platinum prints signed by her
(yeah, sure, like SHE made these prints!). Anyway, given the choice, I
prefered her inkjets. They looked great and the platinums were lifeless.

I suppose, given your scenerio, it might make a difference as to WHO was
inside that box!