Re: Shooting for Alternative Processes

From: Gary Miller (gmphotos@earthlink.net)
Date: 06/27/01-01:09:49 AM Z

This must be my night to have other peoples' messages trigger memories.
Judy's posting about photography being all about light is very true. Some
famous photographer, maybe it was W. Eugene Smith, said something to the
effect that living life as a photographer was a privilege because being a
photographer teaches you how to really see the world and all its minute
details. I try to convince my students of this fact and also the fact that
you do not need a camera to be photographer or paints, etc. to be an artist.
It becomes a way of seeing, a way of thinking, and a way of living. For me
it is a privileged way and I am better for it.

GM