Re: inkjet prints

From: Larry Roohr (lrryr@home.com)
Date: 06/26/01-09:10:48 AM Z

Bob,

The scenario your refering to is the Epson 1270 dye ink fiasco. Epson made
pretty dramatic claims when it was released. When the prints were
displayed/stored around certain urban pollutants they shifted orange, I
believe all told it was a small percentage that actually experienced this.
Epson set up a printer buy back program as a result (they got mine back).

The pigment based inks in the 2000 series printers are believed to rival or
exceed color prints, again this is from things I've read on the
mis-information highway, make what you will of it. Warning....this topic can
get to religious proportions <g>.

Larry