Re: inkjet prints

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 06/27/01-08:28:11 AM Z

Dave,

I think that digital (inkjet or whatever comes next) will soon be the
"conventional" approach to color photography. In fact I made that prediction
in a magazine article about four years ago--but I thought then that we'd
already be there by now <s>.

Meanwhile, what I find incredibly useful is the ability to use desktop tools
to *reproduce* fine photographs for promotional materials: mailers, gallery
portfolios, etc. I've done commercial photography since 1972, commercial
graphic design since 1992, and I'm amazed to find that with an inexpensive
desktop scanner and an inexpensive Epson Photo inkjet printer I can produce
promotional materials that rival all but the most lavish traditional
commercial four-color printing. And you can print just as many as you need,
when you need them. Unless you need a gazillion, it's just great.

OTOH, so far I'm not the least bit tempted to use inkjet printing for actual
"serious prints" instead of silver or platinum. But in the future, who
knows?

---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries