Re: inkjet prints

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 06/28/01-02:47:50 AM Z

>>Does anyone consider inkjet prints to be alt-photo? As a film &
chemistry
>>expert from the 'old school' of conventional photography, I consider
the
>>digital darkroom to be alt-photo. (I guess it really depends on how
you
>>define alt-photo).

YEARS ago, I tried to convince this group that before you can define what
ALT is, you must have a baseline. Alt means Alternative. You are making a
comparison, and that comparison is to silver based techniques.

Alternative to what? That was my question, but I received many replies
from list members who could not grasp this simple concept.

To answer your question, ALT is anything other than conventional silver
systems we have had for decades. Ink-jet is an Alternative process in my
view. Everything else discussed on this list, regardless of if it has
some silver elements to it