Re: Shooting for Alternative Processes

From: Christina Z. Anderson (tracez@mcn.net)
Date: 06/29/01-02:30:53 AM Z

I'll be there the 11th thru 15th, Ernestine, and would love to go on a
shoot/talk. Heck, if we all see each other in the flesh maybe we can put an
end to all this speculation about who actually exists...being gone for 6
days to LA and coming home to 300 plus emails, half of which are on scary
alter ego stuff has been.....better than a soap opera?!
     Oh, and I shoot what I find visually interesting, but I print
conceptually, using photographs as a way to support ideas, almost as if the
photographs/negatives are elements or "fits" into my schema. I am very much
a post modern, post visualizing, darkroom experimenter. But when I shoot I
am not thinking particular process, just idea.
     BTW, for those on the list not "in the know", Ernestine's work is in
the Art of Enhanced Photography--beautiful stuff, and you are lecturing
there, too correct?
Chris
PS FRAN ENGELCKE if you read this, email me; I stopped by your studio at
Claremont while in LA checking out grad schools!