Toning question

From: Double R (dblrr@zdnetonebox.com)
Date: 06/29/01-04:21:22 PM Z

I know this may be a borderline alt process, but I'm hoping you good
people can answer this anyway:

I am having trouble with Berg blue toner on regular silver prints. I
printed a print on Ilford MG Cooltone and developed it in Ilford Paper
Developer. I fixed it with Kodak Rapid Fixer without the hardener and
washed it thoroughly, as is recommended.

The print bleaches out when I put it in the Berg Activator, as it should.
However, when I then put the print in the Blue toner (Blue #1 from the
Professional kit) the entire print turns blue, not just the image that
has been bleached. Moreover, the image does not reappear. I end up
with a deep blue print from which the image has been bleached away.

I am using all fresh chemicals, including the activator and toner. I
have tried this several times with the same result.

I used this process several years ago with great results.

Are any of you familiar with Berg toners and can you please tell me what
to do to get the toner to work right?

I'd appreciate any help. This list was great help with a Polaroid transfer
print question I had recently. Thanx in advance.

Karren

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com