Re: book

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 03/05/01-08:58:54 AM Z

Joe Portale wrote:

>The good side is that I have been collaborating with Sandy King on a
>workbook series that will be published in Spain some time in the late
>summer. The salted paper booklet will be included in this project.

The collaborative work to which Joe refers is a text on salted paper
printing plus other items that he has contributed for publication in
Spanish in Cuadernos de Fotografía Alternativa, a series of short
monographs on the alternative processes co-edited by Manuel Estébanez
Consuegra and me. Previoulsy published in this series are works on gum
bichromate, carbon printing and most recently, a translation of Gene
Laughter's Bromoil 101. Although the word "cuaderno" can be translated as
workbook, the publications in Cuadernos de Fotografía Alternativa are not
workbooks as we generally understand the use of this term in English, but
simply short monographs focused on specific alternative priting processes,
accompanied by drawing but not actual images made with the processes.

Should you or anyone you know have a text on alternative printing that you
would considered for publication in this series please contact me off list
for more information.

Sandy King