Re: possibly off topic question...

tonyascrizzi@juno.com
Date: 03/06/01-09:46:57 PM Z

On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:15:42 -0500 Bob Mazzullo <rmazzullo@si.rr.com>
writes:
> Hello all.
>
> Does anyone have any information of the shelf life of packaged
> darkroom chemistry? Particularly, D-76, Dektol, HC-110, Fixer, etc,
> etc.?
> Or more appropriately, If this is not the proper list for this
> topic, which list
> would be the "right" one?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Bob, I have and use CANNED Kodak D-60, D-76, D-8, Dektol and Ethol UFG as
well as other chemistry that was "forgotten" in the back rooms. As long
as the bag or can has not been damaged or otherwise compromised, powdered
chemistry should last "forever". If you open a bag or can and find it's
brown, put it down. Stay away from liquid developers other than HC-110,
but most other liquids should be safe. Of course, the key is to buy them
at the right price and test on "disposable" film or paper before doing
anything really important.

Tony Ascrizzi - Electric Vehicle Systems
34 Paine St.
Worcester, MA 01605 (508) 799-5650
Web Page -->http://ElectricVehicleSystems.com
President -->New England Electric Auto Association http://www.eaaev.org