Re: possibly off topic question...

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/06/01-10:51:48 PM Z

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 tonyascrizzi@juno.com wrote:
> ... Stay away from liquid developers other than HC-110,
> but most other liquids should be safe. Of course, the key is to buy them
> at the right price and test on "disposable" film or paper before doing
> anything really important.

I've used D76 that sat mixed in a full bottle for maybe 10 years & it was
fine, but I think the criterion is as Tony suggests -- a test first. For
making an enlarged neg, I'd ... how do you say it? stretch the envelope--
(or is that push?) -- nothing to lose. For original camera film to be
developed by time & temperature, risk of ruining doesn't seem worth the
small $$ saved.

Judy