Sabatier

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/08/01-01:48:57 AM Z

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
> PS I had them testing 4 dif kinds of Sabattier in lab on thurs. It was
> bedlam. But, of course, after reading the Sabattier notes in PF journal, I
> am so MAD that all these years of trying to call it Sabattier and not
> solarization, and then to find out that Armand Sabattier didn't discover it,
> I think I am going to call it solarization just to spite him.

And it's somewhere in P-F #2 (tho I can't find it right now) that (I think
it was Wm Jolly) not only found out it wasn't Armand Sabattier, the fellow
spelled his name one-t *Sabatier*. But dammit, if I can't find it (and I
WROTE it!), guess I can't expect you to... Some of the old books do one T,
including L.P. Clerc's "Photography, Theory and Practice," 1944. Most do 2
Ts, including myself out of habit when I'm not paying attention.

Judy