Re: densitometer

From: Joe Portale (jportale@gci-net.com)
Date: 03/08/01-07:59:43 AM Z

I haven't been paying that much attention to this thread, but let me chime
in anyway. Shannon, buy what you can afford. I agree with Judy that if a
neg comes in beyond 3.0, it will be unprintable with any process that I know
of. Salted paper seems to be the process that requiores extremely contrasty
negs in the are a 2.5 - 2.7. Unless you have a real need for a reflection
densitometer, stick with the one that goes up to 3.0 and use the extra money
for something else.

Joe Portale
Tucson, AZ