Re: range of densitometers

From: Joe Portale (jportale@gci-net.com)
Date: 03/08/01-08:06:11 AM Z

Lukas,

The range will depend on the spoteter you are useing. To get an idea, every
three EV's equals 1.0 density. If you meter goes from zero to 10 EV's, you
will have a range from 0.0 to 3.0 I have never had any luck reading a pyro
neg with a B&W densitometer and a blue filter. Even with a color
densitometer, the readings are suspect. When reading for an alt process,
you are concerned with over all printing desnity and contrast, use your
setup without a filter.

Good luck,

Joe Portale
Tucson, AZ