Re: Still on Copyright

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 03/10/01-01:34:30 PM Z

Pardon me, but I'm playing the devil's advocate today. In an earlier post
on this subject, someone suggested that if students were benefiting from the
copied class material, perhaps the originator wants/requires them to
purchase the material. I know this is nit picking, but aren't we all
students here on the web and on this list; aren't we all looking to learn
from one another and from our experiences.

So, how is my transfering this information different than someone who finds
it via one of the varied searches available on the net. And, isn't the
copyright notice required somewhere in all of this?

Kind of confusing, eh?

Nick