Re: On Line Exhibition

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 03/11/01-06:09:23 AM Z

Michael (and others)

1. Title is tautologous - suggest either 'On line exhibition' or 'Virtual
exhibition' but not both! Possibly call it 'first LIP online show' - but
see 4 below.

2. We discussed the matter of those without scanners at the committee
meeting and I thought decided that anyone who wanted to get stuff scanned
should be able to make private arrangements to do so.

I don't think it is necessary to send people any instructions for this.
Perhaps we might suggest that people can make arrangements through local
groups if they don't know anyone who can do it for them. I'm sure most of
us who do have scanners would be happy to scan one or two images for
others without charge.

3. I understood we also decided to have a selector or selectors rather
than leave selection to the committee. This would be very easy to organise
 as we can just mail someone a CD-ROM with the work on.

4. Although we didn't decide on a theme, perhaps we ought to suggest that
the exhibition should focus on recent work - perhaps that taken after the
end of our millennium project - from 1 Jan 2000 on. That might also make a
better title for when we put it on line, as well as linking back to our
earlier project which will also be going online - '2000 ON'

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/