Re: FW: Still on Copyright

From: Brian Ellis (bellis60@earthlink.net)
Date: 03/11/01-07:35:49 AM Z

What are you talking about when you refer to "registering" a copyright?
Trademarks can be registered, patents are filed, but I've never heard of it
being necessary to "register" a copyright anywhere in order to obtain the
protection of the copyright laws. If by "register" you mean saying
"copyright 2001" followed by your name, or putting the letter"c" in a
circle, that hasn't been necessary since the United States became a party to
the Berne Convention. I forget when that occurred but I believe it's been at
least ten to twenty years ago, maybe longer.