Re: Poor man's densitometer

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 03/13/01-03:44:37 PM Z

> Yes, there are a few facts that gets discarded in the "intuition"
> discussions. One: if you work primarily on intuition, you must be able
> afford the cost of many mistakes. Two: if you work primarily on
intuition,
> you must be able to afford the time of many mistakes. Three: if you
work
> primarily on intuition, you must be able to afford the years needed to
build
> that intuition into a worthwhile tool.

I am not sure that I totally agree with this. I ran a Black and White lab
here in Salt Lake City, and I think that printing 5 or 6 days per week
for a more than just a few years gave me the ability to look at a
negative and tell what paper grade to use and how long to expose.

I do agree that it takes time to develop that intuition to a degree where
it becomes truly useful.

Bob