Re: "Sabbatier" of Palladium

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/23/01-09:15:18 PM Z

>> ...This week I coated a new batch of paper, using a
> > glass rod. I coated it at school, which means I did not have as clean a
> > space as at home - but I was careful.

CUT===

> > At first I suspected the glass rod (sorry B&S) but then I had a piece of
> > paper from the same batch that was coated by velvet (I have been using the
> > same velvet for years, so that is not it). It did the same thing with the
> > shadow area of the print.

There may be NO relation, but my experience with bronzing in VDB is that
it's very paper sensitive. For instance some papers more than others when
heat dried, or when not sized, or when heat dried and sized -- in other
words a particular paper in combination with another factor (maybe the
weather?). It might be worth scrounging up a DIFFERENT paper & testing
identically otherwise.

Judy