Re: "Sabbatier" of Palladium

From: Sarah Van Keuren (svk@steuber.com)
Date: 03/27/01-10:32:34 PM Z

Recently I accidentally flashed a sheet of unexposed Tri-X. I decided to do
a test with it and placed the sheet on a sunny table quickly putting a
little box on part of the sheet and letting it sit for a couple minutes. I
developed it and found that the film area that had gotten the most exposure
had much less density than the part that was covered with the box. This
roughly confirmed my suspicion that film goes through a series of switches
from Dmax to less than Dmax, a series of diminishing characteristic curves
as exposure continues. This could explain the fact that some palladium
printers experience solarization and others don't depending on the degree
of overexposure and where it ends up on the curve series.

Sarah