Re: Cyanotype and substrate chemistry

From: heather hyatt (heatherhyatt@yahoo.com)
Date: 05/06/01-06:23:53 PM Z

--- hello,
i just joined this mad ring! I am so surprised at how
many emails i am getting!Anyway, i print mainly
cyanotypes and gum. i think the jeans are a great
idea. i print on cloth fairly regularly, but i mostly
buy the cloth pre-treated. i know it tells you not to
wash the prints with normal detergent after the
exposure. you might want to think about that. i think
that i baby detergent would be better. you don't want
those phoser-whatevers in tide, etc. i have very cheap
and quality superliers of pre-treated fabric if you
would like them.
 about that ph....i know i use ph uppers and downers
in my pool. do you think you could test the wash they
are in after being bleached with lithus strips, and
then add a downer or upper and let it soak????
 i would love to chat about cyan with others. whose
else on this list likes sun-printing?
         cheers,
            heather