Judy in the desert with diamons, (*or was that diamon nipples fromt he breasts of Mortenson's nudes?)

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 05/07/01-06:30:24 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>NOW I understand why folks have half the trouble in alt-photo they do --
>they fail reading comprehension. Aside from the fact that I have NOT
>authorized anyone else to use my name, and such imposters proceed at their
>own risk, let me repeat the point I was making, specifically and only to
>answer Sandy's question, which was....

Judy, I assumed that the name of a person of your importance and prestige
was already in the public domain. May I be tarred and feathered if that is
not the case...

>Which is to say I entirely agree with Rick Moore (tho it wasn't a cookie
>recipe as I recall). Since the appearance here was apparently
>unintentional, followed by an apology -- I did not address the PRESENCE of
>the "offtopic" material -- only why someone ELSE's protest was valid, as
>indeed it was...

It appears to me that you also addrssed the content of the posting, i.e.
the question of making photographs of nude women?

>However, Sandy, it occurs to me now to repeat your question with a
>different emphasis:"Why should Sullivan not post to this list?" Indeed
>why not? It does seem, however, that in the last year or two, he does NOT
>post to this list -- sending only news of his own projects, the Bostick
>and Sullivan Circle, Santa Fe APIS, and his own commercial activities. I
>don't recall any other, tho of course my memory could be at fault... That
>is certainly his privilege, but the effect may have been to emphasize the
>incursion.

I think you are correct in this observation. And if so, why not criticize
the beast for his folly rather than the salivating.

>Incidentally, I thought the letter from the desert was from Dave Soemarko,
>and that the "Judy" at the end of it was transposition by the digitons. I
>was so pleased to get a greeting from him. Now I'm crushed to think not...
>Dave, are you sure you didn't move to the desert?

What does this mean? Are you or are you not the Judy that has moved to the
desert? If so I want to sent you a broad-rimmed hat (or perhaps a Stetson)
to protect your delicate forehead from the sun, and boots to ward againt
desert rattlers.

Sandy

BTW, sure enjoyed your recent article in Photovision on Mortenseon. As is
typical of your work, good research, well conceptualized, and nice clear
style. Congratulations.