Cyanotype and substrate chemistry

From: Mac Legrandi (juicebox@my-deja.com)
Date: 05/05/01-10:23:41 PM Z

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) ello!

 have a project to print clasic Cyanotype on ond denim clthing. These are old, most likely have waxes/oils/grime in the fibers.

i will first bleach the denim as white as I can get them. Wash with regular detergent.

My question revolves around preparing the substrate material to best suit the cyanotype chemistry.

1) Is there any chemical neutralization other than washing to remove the traces of the bleach?

2) Is there a ph I should be going for in the fabric to optimize the cyanotype? Maybe add some Citric Acid to the final fabric wash?

Thanks!

Mac

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/