Re: Chemistry advice

From: Craig Koshyk (chiendog@pangea.ca)
Date: 05/08/01-09:38:53 AM Z

> I just wondered if anyone knew of a better way to make blacken brass, or if
> I need to modify my technique.

As strange as it may sound, you may want to speak with someone involved with
the shooting sports. I know that some of them blacken the front and/or rear
sight of their pistols for competition purposes. They use a small oil lamp
that deposits a matt black coating of soot on the normally shiney metal
sights. I am sure they have also come up with chemical methods of doing the
same thing.

CK.