Re: Process Colors for Gum

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/10/01-02:21:28 AM Z

If one is interested in coming close to process colors, then use process
colors. If you want to use tube pigments,ask the manufacturers about
colors in their line that equal or come close to what you want.

Remember, we have precedence for this in the Dye Transfer Process, the
Wash Off Relief Process and the Technicolor Process. Since you are an ALT
enthusiast and presumably are wise enough to properly handle chemicals,
then compound your own colors from the Kodak formulas. with these dyes,
there can be no doubt as to how close they come to process colors.

In lieu of that, select colors that come as close as possible to the
required colors, experiment and take notes. It seems to me that most of
you just want an approximation anyway, and are not really interested in
fidelity. Sole like strong colors and some like pastels or shades
between.

Also remember that your result will not equal mine or others on this list
because we most likely are not using the exact same formulas. We can all
use the same basic formulas and even the same general color, but we will
differ.

By using dyes you gain permanence that is exceedingly high and has
excellent longevity.

B.