Re: Mammoth Camera Workshop Cancelled

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@telocity.com)
Date: 05/17/01-08:50:21 PM Z

Rocky,

> I just spoke with Tillman Crane today and was told the Mammoth Camera
> Workshop in Sandy, Utah (June 23-30) has been cancelled. Not enough
people
> signed up by the May 1st deadline. This was going to be my first year
> attending...

Sorry to hear about your disappointing news, however I must say that the
cancellation of the workshop doesn't surprise me. IMO, the workshop was just
too darn expensive. I think $2400 was the last quote I heard, which did not
include lodging, food, and of course transportation. I'm not knocking the
workshop, it sounded great, but $2400 puts you well on your way to getting a
big camera with a lens and holder, or an 8x10 with lenses, holders and film!
As I recall most of the class was to be taught with students using an 8x10
and then shooting with some of the bigger monsters in groups as the workshop
progresses. Indeed the 20x24 and 16x20 would be thrilling just to compose
and gaze through, but not at those prices.

Cheers,

Don Bryant