Re: Gum Green

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 05/20/01-11:12:37 PM Z

>Katharine Thayer wrote:>When you start answering your own posts, it's time
>to go do something
>else. I've just been told I'm about to be gifted with an 8x10 Field
>Camera so I'm trying to figure out what I need to learn in order to use
>it when it comes.
>Katharine Thayer

Congratulations on the 8X10 field camera. I hope you enjoy using it. You
will need the following in addition to the camera. You probably know this
already but can't hurt to say it.

A lens. Wide Angle is considered 6-8 inches, Normal about 12" and long 16+
inches.

Some film holders.

A black cloth for composing the image.

Nice stury tripod

Good books for learning the use of the view camera are Leslie Stroebel,
View Caemra Technique, now in the 6th edition though earlier editions are
good also. Another good book, not quite as technical as Stroebel, is Steve
Simmons' Using the View Camera.

Sandy King