Field camera necessities

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 05/30/01-02:04:37 PM Z

Thanks for the heads-up, Sandy; I did know that all these things
were needed, and fortunately my benefactor sent me the whole works: the
camera, which came with a 4x5 reducing back in addition to the 8x10
back, two lenses, a Linhof heavy duty tripod, film holders, Steve
Simmons' book on the view camera, and a box of film. He threw in two
light meters, either of which is a great improvement over what I had.
It's been better than Christmas this week at my house for sure. I've
been pleasantly surprised to find the camera is not as heavy or awkward
to work with as I feared it might be; now all I need is some kind of a
carrypack for it and its gear, or maybe a donkey.

Katharine Thayer