Re: Filters: (was Re: Field Cameras)

From: Victor Loverro (victor.loverro@verizon.net)
Date: 05/20/01-11:34:06 PM Z

Another problem with using gel filters is that, unless they are mounted
behind the lens (not always practical, especially with small field cameras)
it is usually not possible to use a lens hood. A lens hood is also
important to reduce image degradation and flare. Holding up a dark slide to
shade the lens is not always sufficient to protect the lens from reflected
light, which can be considerable. Consider shooting over snow or sand, for
example.