Re: pt/pd desktop negatives

From: jacques verschuren (info@jacquesverschuren.nl)
Date: 05/27/01-11:33:59 AM Z

Smieglitz@aol.com wrote:

> I've tried to do a VDB with a spectral negative made per Dan's book
> instructions (in the indexed color/color table mode: 0C,71M,71Y,0 or 100K)
> using an Epson 600 with the "+" switch flipped, pictorico, and the standard
> Epson inks. The results were very disappointing.

I have the same experience and have switched (as a test) to negative output from
a color Xerox. I have been using the same transparency material (Océ) for my
Epson 1520 negatives and the Xerox negatives. Apart from the bleeding on the
Epson negatives, the image (orange looking as described in Dan's book) was very
very faint and it took more than a week to get the negative printed on the
transparency material dry. Even then it could still be smeared. The Xerox
negatives were much denser. I do have the negatives now and hope to be able to
print them this week. Any other people on the list who are using the Epson 1520
and who have produced decent negatives for e.g. gum prints?

Jacques Verschuren
http://www.jacquesverschuren.nl.