Re: experimental photography

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/27/01-08:53:30 PM Z

On Sun, 27 May 2001 bmaxey1@juno.com wrote:

> >>I refuse to believe that Jonathan. I mean when you say "due on the
> >>shelves," well, if THAT'S the operative date, I AM WAY AHEAD OF HIM.
>
> I think he means the book is ready to be distributed. I can't understand
> why you are shooting at him, judy....

Bob, I doubt there could be one other person on this list including anyone
whose mother tongue is Urdu, Chinese or Kwakiutl, who didn't understand
that Jon & I were teasing each other -- although it's true I've noticed in
the past that you seem to be tone deaf where humor (among other things) is
concerned. I hope Jon is duly appreciative that you have leapt to his
defense and that it won't deflate you too cruelly to be reminded that what
he said was....

===============
> the [James'] book - entitled something to the effect "Alternative and
Non-Silver > Processes: Working Notes" - is due on the shelves in a matter
of a month or > two (maybe even by the time Judy's next issue arrives in
the mail - > *KIDDING* Judy!!)....
============= ^^^^^^^

Now it's true, Jonathan did put in the "*KIDDING*" and I neglected to do
so, but you still hurt my feelings. I suspect that even if he hadn't
said "kidding" you wouldn't have leapt to MY defense the way you leapt to
his.

Which leads me to wonder if you don't like me, tho whether that's me
personally, or uppity women generally, or some other subset of persons, I
do not hazard. However, if it will stop you from worrying about poor Jon,
take note:

1. Jon is very big in the Post-Factory he was teasing me about, so
naturally the delay seems almost as long to him as it does to me.

2. I myself am in the James book I was teasing him about, and since that
was promised a while back .... (see #1 above).

3. If memory serves, Jon is also a quite figure in the James book (again,
see #1 above).

4. Jon is so cute, smart & talented that naturally I CANNOT stop myself
from teasing him whenever the possibility presents itself. (Christopher
James, too.) But now I wonder if something could be at work in your
consistent attempts, back to your beginnings on this list several years
ago, to "shoot" at me. Do you have a secret crush?

If so, I'm probably too old for you -- tho today at the magazine store
buying June "Shutterbug" I did notice "Hot Mamas Over 50" -- the last time
I saw that magazine was in a motel when they changed matresses and found
"Hot Moma's Over 40" under one of them. So I figure, can 60 be far behind?
(I swear I'm not making this up. Something to do with increased life
expectancy and medical advances, I suppose.)

5. You have a habit of sticking your nose into things you do not
understand, and then not understanding that you do not understand.

6. However, the Democrats are arranging emergency shipments of faith-based
sense of humor.... I'm going to e-mail Hillary to see if she can get you
on the list.

love & xxxxs,

Hot mama over 70 --

Judy