Re: Re: geeky Piezography/Pictorico density data here

Smieglitz@aol.com
Date: 05/30/01-08:30:14 PM Z

In a message dated 05/30/2001 12:53:58, jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net
wrote:
>Do you mean OHP film or glossy paper? I am confused for a moment, but I
am assuming that you printed on the Pictorico OHP film using an Epson
1160 and Cone products which was subsequently coated with a layer of
Krylon acrylic.<

*Correct. By "Epson glossy paper selected as the media" I mean the printer
was told it was loaded with Epson glossy paper while it actually was printing
to Pictorico OHP.

> Anyone know an easy way to correlate % black to the 256 levels in
> Photoshop? Is it linear ...
>Make a step gradient of 1% increments of K values of identical width.
Use the info window. As each pixel is pointed to, the %K and RGB values
are displayed. (snip)<

*Like duhhh. I've been staring at the info window for days...right in front
of me...thanks for opening my eyes.

> This second set is:
> printed % tone on Pictorico = net density
> 95%=1.08
> 100%=1.77
(snip)
>A maximum density of 1.77 will likely not be enough, but two in
registration may be worth checking out. I would like to see how this
would print in Pt/Pd. Would you send me two identical small step
gradients with several steps of known printed tone including 100% and
0%? (snip)<

*Will do...may take a few days to get to.
But, check out the big jump in density between 95-100% compared to the rest
of the scale. I was surprised by it.

Joe