Re: Field camera necessities

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 05/31/01-06:10:32 PM Z

Depending on one's physical condition the use of one of the small rolling
suitcases might be a more viable option than a backpack for moving camera
gear in 8x10 and larger sizes. Or, better yet, get a small cart onto which
you can strap your camera box and tripod. I bought a cart from Porter's
(name was something like Ru-XX or such) with 7" wheels that has a capacity
of over 200 lbs. It worked really well for me on a recent photographic
trip to Spain in getting to off-road situations up to 200-300 feet from the
car with the 12X20 camera. It does not work very well on rough, uneven
terrain, however. For that kind of work I use a Sherpa cart, which has much
larger tires. With the Sherpa you easily move a lot of equipment on it even
on mountain trails.

Sandy King