Re: Field camera necessities

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 05/31/01-07:56:39 AM Z

There is a backpack suitable for 8x10 made by "f/64". It handles a
Deardorff-style 8x10 camera with ease, though I don't know whether a B&J
will fold up correctly. I carry the camera, three lenses including a
gigantic 165mm Super Angulon, and three film holders, plus BTZS hood and
accessories, without needing the detachable side pockets that came with it.
The smaller J-series Ries tripod, while described as suitable for up to 5x7,
is entirely adequate for 8x10 and 7x17.

Speaking of which, after rummaging through many a camping supply store I
found a light backpack with internal frame that would swallow my 7x17
Kornona with lens attached, along with a couple film holders and
hood.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: