Re: Platinum/Paladium testing

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 11/02/01-04:00:51 PM Z

Carl,
I am getting good rich blacks in the border area. I just can't even come
close to matching it in the neg area, no matter the exposure.

As for the paper, it's the same old Cranes, I think I've got the coating
figured out after a few years at this, the humidity is up slightly from 64%
to 69% and as I said, I also changed my developer with no benefit. I can't
believe the sensitiser is at fault otherwise I wouldn't get any deep rich
black at all.

I suppose I could try 10 or 12 minutes, but the rich borders come out at 3
min. There is only a two stop difference between no B+F and B+F. It could
be that the Epson Backlight film (that's what I am using) has some UV
filtering effect. I may have to resort to some other substrate in order to
obtain my goal of good density/exposure throughout the range.

Nick

BTW, what's IOW?? It's not on my list of abbreviations.