large ink-jet printers

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 11/08/01-10:06:51 AM Z

Hi:

This is a digital alt-photo question really ... :)

Our department is considering buying a large inkjet printer. The kind
that does at least a three foot wide output.

Its primary purpose will be to make posters for scientific conferences.
It could also be used to make very large digital negatives :)

How large can one get good transparency stock?

Does anyone have any experience with these. I'm being asked to help
determine what should we should buy.

Please reply to me offline. I'll summarize my findings back to the list.

Thanks

Gord
Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2