Re: Cyanotype tests with two different metal halide lamps

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 11/12/01-12:51:39 PM Z

Ed,

Maybe we are reading from different pages of the book, but as I look
at the charts for the L1261 and L1252 at
http://www.olec.com/graphicarts/OLEC_SpectramatchTM_Lamps/olec_spectramatchtm_lamps.html
the scales appear to be the same. But the relative intensity of the
light for the L1261 between 360 to 385nm (which peaks at about 85%
at 380nm) is greater than the L1252 (which peaks at about 60% at
380nm). I can see from the information that the light sources for
both units consist of a mixture of a mixture of AL 23-53, but this
mixture appears to have been weighted to give greater output for the
L1261 at the wave lengths noted above, without the big spikes between
400-420nm.

What am I missing about the scales?

Sandy