Re: Dense or Density

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/26/01-03:07:59 PM Z

Christina,

Lots of web stuff has been very slow the past few days, I've gotten some
really delayed emails coming through.

I know that Sandy is a careful worker so I'm confident that he saw increased
overall (undesireable) fog due to afterbath. So it may be the problem for
Jeff too. My point isn't that there's never a problem with this, but that
the tests Herbst ran are valid only in his situation. Sandy seems to have
had similar results, others including me have not. The stain I get is highly
proportional, just a little in the areas of low density, lots of color where
there's lots of silver density, which is just what we want. When I've
skipped the afterbath there's no visible change in the stain in the shadow
areas (indicating that the afterbath does not cause overall stain in my
setup) but less stain in the highlights, meaning less of the contrast I want
for Pt/Pd printing.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/

NEW PICTURE GALLERIES: Flags and Pumpkins: Halloween 2001 Coal Country Skinny Buildings

---------- >From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net> >To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca >Subject: Re: Dense or Density >Date: Mon, Nov 26, 2001, 2:46 PM >