mounting Pt/Pd prints?

From: John Campbell (tojohn@texas.net)
Date: 11/30/01-09:44:13 AM Z

Greetings all—

While warming up my Seal press this morning, I idly thumbed through a couple
of sources and stumbled across the following statement in Sullivan and
Weese: “We strongly recommend that you do not dry mount finished platinum
prints.” There was no further explanation about this, which leaves me
curious—why not?

I would very much appreciate any comments (cited authors, if lurking out
there, would be especially welcomed!) and I would also like to hear what
mounting techniques are favored in the group for various alt process
configurations and media.

Thanks, in advance, for the enlightenment.

--John Campbell

www.photogecko.com <http://www.photogecko.com/>