travel

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: 11/30/01-04:11:11 PM Z

I'm planning on a road trip this next week. Driving up to Oregon to
pick up some wood burning cook stoves my family have located for me.
Since energy costs in California are 40% higher this winter than last
and going even higher, a cookstove seems like a cozy thing to add to my
home. Reselling the other is to pay for the trip...

Anyway, I'm wondering about traveling with my 8X10 and cold snowy
weather. How do I prevent the lens from fogging up? Do I keep the lens
& camera in the back of the truck so it keeps the same temperature as
the outdoors? Or do I keep it in the cab of the truck where it's
warmer. Any cold weather photographers have travel tips when there are
climatic changes? Am I going to be causing any possible long term
moisture damage to the lens that I should consider?

garimo

P.s. I also use acid free Artists tape for hinges and for mounting the
to the back support and occasionally on to the back of the over mat.
Most all art stores have a selection of acid free matting materials. I
use the clear plastic acid free photo corners for B&W prints. Not that
I think my prints will have any historical interests, but who knows?
someone may still be enjoying looking at a print years from now, and I
rather not be the one who caused the stain spots by using tape or
products that decomposed before that prints were trashed.